20 lung detox remedies
Very often we talk about all possible body detox recipes and how useful they are but among all the organs mentioned we rarely think about our lung. Why is that you may wonder? Who knows, but the fact that your lungs are essential to your general well-being is surely undeniable.
Taking into consideration the level of air pollution you should try to imagine how much of it enters your body and stays there in your lungs. That is why we decided to carry out a research and try to find out if there are detox recipes available to help your lungs deal with all the toxins in them. To our surprise, there is more than a handful of available options, and we are ready to share them with you!
#1. Mullein Tea
- Decoct some mullein leaves in boiling water.
- Wait for about 15 minutes.
- Add honey or enjoy it neat.
#2. Eucalyptus Tea
- Decoct eucalyptus leaves in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Add honey.
- Enjoy the tasty detox.
#3. Lungwort Tea
- 1. Decoct 1 teaspoon of dried lungwort for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drink it throughout the day.
#4. Oregano Tea
- Decoct dried oregano for 5 minutes.
- Drink hot and inhale the steam.
#5. Plantain Leaf Decoct
- 4 tablespoons of dried plantain in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Drink straight away.
#6. Elecampane Syrup
- Simmer elecampane for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the herbs.
- Add honey and lemon to it.
- Take two spoons of it every two hours.
#7. Lobelia Tincture
- Even though it is highly effective, it is still highly toxic, and you should take it only under medical supervision.
#8. Chaparral Tea
- 1. Decoct few tablespoons of dried leaves in boiling water.
- 2. Enjoy!
#9. Peppermint Steambath
- 1. Pour some boiling water into a bowl.
- 2. Add few drops of peppermint essential oil to the water.
- 3. Put a towel over your head and inhale the steam.
- 4. Blow your nose regularly.
#10. Osha Root and Horehound Syrup
- Boil some water together with horehound.
- Simmer it for about 20 minutes.
- Strain all. Add some honey.
- Add slippery elm, lime, and brandy.
- Add osha root.
- Mix well Take a tablespoon or two as needed.
#11. Hawthorn Infusion
- Decoct hawthorn for two days.
- Strain, and drink it.
#12. Thyme Syrup
- Boil thyme and water.
- Decoct the mixture.
- Strain it and add the honey.
#13. Sage Tea
- Decoct some sage in the cup.
- Add some honey.
- Enjoy it but no more than three times a day.
#14. Licorice Root Tea
- Boil some water and add the root to it.
- Decoct if for about few minutes.
- Consume it hot so that you inhale the vapor as you drink as well.
#15. Coltsfoot Tincture
- Fill in the container with coltsfoot.
- Fill it in with vodka.
- Store in dark place for about six weeks.
- Strain it.
- Consume up to 4 milligrams a day.
#16. Fenugreek and Dandelion Tea
- Combine the herbs well.
- Decoct the mixture in boiled water for up to 20 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy.
#17. Clove and Lemon Tea
- Decoct the tea and herbs in boiled water for about 5 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy.
#18. Ginger-Turmeric Tea
- Add the ginger root and onion to boiling water.
- Simmer the mixture for a while.
- Add some ginger and turmeric to the mix.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain and enjoy hot.
#19. Marshmallow and Chickweed
- 1. Combine equal parts of marshmallow root, comfrey leaf, chickweed leaf, mullein leaf, and lobelia leaf.
- 2. Decoct 2 teaspoons per cup of boiling water for about 5-10 minutes.
- 3. Drink 1 cup 3 times a day
#20. Echinacea Tea
- Add Echinacea to boiled water.
- Decoct it for about 15 minutes.
- Strain it, add honey, and enjoy!